Flocon 260 (BWA Brand)Compare
Flocon 260 is an aqueous solution of a specialised polycarboxylic acid, highly effective in controlling the deposition of inorganic scale forming salts and particulate fouling on membrane surfaces.
- Excellent control of carbonate scales,sulphate and fluoride for cost effective operation
- Effectively control both soluble andinsoluble iron
- Effective against silica fouling
- Compatible with all major membranes
- International potable water approvals
Flocon 260 is an aqueous solution of an organic
acid and as such is corrosive in its concentrated
form. Corrosion resistant dosing equipment
should therefore be used. Examples of suitable
materials are 316L stainless steel, or plastics
such as GRP, PVC and PE.
The recommended injection point is into the
feedwater downstream of any filtration
equipment and cartridge filters.
Flocon 260 is miscible with water in all proportions.
It may be applied as the neat product, or as a
solution in permeate. Minimum dosing solution
strength of 10% w/w is recommended. Flocon 260
should be dosed continuously and proportionately to
the feed water flow, to maintain the recommended
The dose level required is dependent on the quality
of the feedwater and the saturation indices of the
various scales forming species present in the
concentrated brine. Proprietary computer software
is used to calculate scaling indices and calculate
optimum system recovery. Dose level projections
and recommendations are available on request.
*Please consult with your BWA Water Additives
representative to determine optimal dosage
recommendations for your system.
Packaging / Weight
- Pail 55 lb 25 kg
- Drum 500 lb 230 kg
- IBCs/Totes 2,204 lb 1,000 kg
*Consult your sales representative for availability.
- Appearance Pale yellow liquid pH < 2
- Specific gravity 1.14 to 1.165 at 20/20oC
- Freezing point range 0 to -10 oC